Today’s post is dedicated to writers and the wicked cool things we get to do.
- We can create our own worlds and “the world is our oyster”.
- We get to create the Hero/Heroine/Villian of our dreams and then tell them what to do. And most of the time they don’t talk back !
- We can have a romance that ends the way we want and no one can take it away (except the critique partner/group).
- We can kill off the characters we created and not go to jail for murder.
- Copyright – this means that other people can come play in our sand box but we can say “mine” without being selfish.
- Listening when someone is reading our books and knowing when they get the funny parts.
- We can scare the bejeezus out of people and not feel guilty that they have nightmares about our book.
- We get to sit at home, in our jammies (with or without bunny slippers), drinking coffee and have conversations with the people in our head. And not go to the looney bin.
- And last but not least, is social media. The wonderful people we get to meet, visit with and call our friends. Now that is wicked cool.
Do you have a wicked cool writer that you like to read? Tweet to? Or if you are a writer what is the wickedest (yes, that is a real word) cool part of being a writer in your opinion?
Thanks for stopping by!