Thank you so much to Angela McGill aka CurioCat! She awarded me the Versatile Blog award. My first blog award ever! Thanks, Angela, you always make me smile when I read your blog. >:)
I must apologize for the delay in accepting this wonderful award. I played hookey this weekend with my hubby, a boat and a fishing pole. No fish were killed, some were scared a little, but all were released back into the watery depths.
So, with accepting this award there are responsibilities. No, I don’t have to sing “You’re the tops” in my skivvies in front of everyone (say, thank you, for me saving your eyesight!) I have to:
- Thank and link the person who nominated me
- Tell you seven random facts about myself (yikes!)
- Pass this award on to 15 blogging friends
- Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers
Seven random facts about myself:
- Autumn is my favorite time of year. It makes me believe in possibilities. Because everything is changing, so that makes me believe that I can change too.
- I cry every time I watch the movie Beaches. I can’t help it, I just do.
- I love the tv series Murder, She Wrote. Its one of the few tv shows I actually will watch over and over again, even though I know who-done-it.
- My mom taught me to read with Wizard of Oz. I was eight and having a hard time reading in school. We sat down every day and read a couple of chapters. By the time we finished the book I was reading it all by myself. The one thing I will always be grateful to my mom for was teaching me to read and to love it.
- I am not a clean freak. But, I do wash my sheets once a week. The dusting gets done maybe once a month. I follow Erma Bombeck’s advice: dust will always be there, time with your family won’t.
- I love to go fishing. I like the challenge of getting the fish to take the bait. Catching is always optional. And yes, I am a girl, so my hubby baits my hook and when I do catch a fish he removes it. One of the many reasons I love him.
- My sense of humor is sometimes very warped and that gets me into trouble. I have a hard time saying what I am thinking because I don’t want to offend anyone. So I come across as cold or intimidating. When in reality I am very thin-skinned and tender-hearted.
So here is the list of my winners in no particular order:
- Kerry Meacham – Kerry was the very first person to make me feel that I could do this blogging thing (as my father-in-law calls it). His Southern Comfort blog is just that, comfort with a southern flair. He is a man who is not afraid to show his softer side and that makes him wonderful in my world.
- Removed person
- Manon Eileen is an extremely intelligent woman who is not afraid to share her opinion or her advice. I love her blog because she writes about psychology and I can get free mental health advice. LOL! Check out her Main Character Survey, it is absolutely fabulous.
- Jami Gold is another person who made me feel welcome when I first started in social media. Her blog makes me feel normal and not crazy, because she says its okay for me to listen to the voices in my head. ~sinister laugh~
- Sharon Louise doesn’t blog much, because she is too busy writing! But, I love reading what she does blog, she makes me laugh. And we all need that!
- DeeDee Scott is the champion of the self-published. She gives me insight into the self-pub world plus her wonder woman cup is awesome!
- Pamela Mason is a true Georgia peach. One of the sweetest people on the planet. I love reading her blog. And she is a wonderful friend.
- Christine Powell Gomez is an excellent writer with a great sense of humor. Who else would put vampires and witches in the same book to fight it out? Her blog is all about her research for her books. UFOs, Helen of Troy and other interesting tidbits. Check it out, you won’t be sorry you did.
- Amy Shojai is my go-to-girl for pet psychology. She is the expert as far as I am concerned in why pets do what they do. From eating dirt to senility she has all the answers. On top of being the pet person in the know, she is writing a killer book that I can’t wait to read!
- K.B Owen is a lover of all things mysterious and of course, fashionable. She brings out the mystery lover in all of us. I love her water cooler wednesday series its a hoot!
- Patti Larsen is a very talented writer with numerous books to her credit. But, what I like about her blog is that she is so giving of her time and expertise. She goes out of her way to help the rest of us achieve success.
- Clay Morgan the Professor of Pop Culture. The Man who makes me laugh so hard I need depends. Enough said.
- Cathy Tittle is a terrific lady with a eye for a great picture. Family is her life and I can relate to that. And the Velour pant suits! >:)
- Nigel Blackwell is a lover of all things fast and furious. He will give advice on cars but not on space shuttles or changing the kitty litter!
- And last but not least, Claire Legrand, who I just found recently. She is a writer of things dark and scary which suits me down to the ground. And is also a NINJA librarian. Which I think is pretty cool.
Congratulations to everyone. I hope you are as excited as I was when Angela awarded me.
Thanks for stopping by………..