I love road trips. This particular trip is going to be really exciting because we are going to see our youngest daughter for her birthday!
So, there are a few rituals involved in getting ready for a road trip.
- Wash the truck. It has to be clean and shiny when we go down the road.
- My hubby gets a haircut. This one started way before I married him, so reasons are unknown. Just a guy think, I guess.
- Stock up on road food. Not to be confused with road kill. Road food is food that has no nutritional value and because you eat it on a road trip, there are no calories.
- Pick out a several audiobooks. I introduced my hubby to audiobooks on our first road trip together. He said the company and the book made the miles fly by.
- Decide what project to knit while we travel. I found that I can knit (only on the straightaways) something simple while we pound asphalt.
- Enjoy the quiet time.
So that is how we make our road trips enjoyable. I guess I am weird because I really do like going places, but then again I like coming home too. It’s the little things in life that can make you happy.
How do you handle a road trip? Any special rituals that you have to complete to make your trip a success? And what are the treats you like to eat on the road? (for hubby it’s twizzlers, for me fiddle-faddle)
Take care and enjoy your week!
Come on board the Tuesday Train, visit with some wonderful bloggers and make new friends!
And if you prefer Twitter, we now have the Twitter Train! Come on by, and meet some great people in the Twitter Train lounge!